SimpleHouseware Mesh Desk Organizer with Sliding Drawer, Double Tray and 5 Upright Sections, BlackHome Office Organization Ideas
You might not have a dedicated work-space in your home, but you are likely to find that the home office organization ideas that I’ll be sharing below are just as useful for your desk space.
I work in the same space as my kids. We’re are homeschoolers, so I do not have a dedicated office.
A desk and a wall planner are enough for the blogging work that I do from home.
It is neatly tucked in corner of the same room, this way I get to have my own space, while being close enough to assist them with their academics.
Let’s start with decluttering your home office first, as well as browsing through some nifty home office organization supplies.
Getting started with organizing your home office space
I prefer to declutter before I organize, so I will share some ideas as to how you can go about removing the clutter in your home office:
Don’t picture the 12 years of tax receipts spilling out of shoe-boxes. Concentrate on getting this project done in small, manageable chunks.
You will have a lot of piles: bills, tax documents, house paperwork, investment stuff, warranties, and insurance policies. A lot. Not to mention, staplers, pens, pencils, 3-hole punches, staple-taker-outer-things and all the other necessities of a well-stocked office.
Don’t worry about organizing this today.
Just get it out in the open. Concentrate on sorting through it.
Home Office Organization Supplies
SimpleHouseware Mesh Desk Organizer with Sliding Drawer, Double Tray and 5 Upright Sections, BlackPrepac White Floating Desk with StorageAmeriwood Home Hazel Kids’ 4 Shelf Bookcase, WhiteSeville Classics 10-Drawer Organizer Cart, Pearlescent Multi-ColorSimpleHouseware 6 Tier Wall Mount Document Letter Tray Organizer, BlackJumbo Dry Erase Laminated Wall Calendar, Huge 36-Inch by 48-Inch Size, Monthly Planner for Home Office Classroom, Large Date Boxes, Reusable PET Film, Never Folded, Bonus 5 Markers, 8 Tacks, 1 EraserEco Bamboo Multi-Device Charging Station Dock & Organizer – Multiple Finishes Available. For Laptops, Tablets, and Phones | GUS San Francisco CA |Knock Knock This Week PadDecoBros Desk Supplies Organizer Caddy, Black
You may have to grab a few home office organization supplies that are handy in restoring the zen back to your home working space.
An organizer cart is perfect when you do not have designated home office. You can push it anywhere and even take it out when you need it. The good thing is that it will keep everything neat and exactly where it is supposed to be.
If you are pressed for space, a compact desk organizer that can accommodate your office stationery will save you space and helps keep your sanity. The Prepac floating desk is also a genius idea as it won’t take up extra space. You can even fold it when you are done with your work.
Folders can seem like a nuisance, but they will be neater and safer if you use a hanging wall organizer. Remember that, the wall is your best friend!
One or two of these supplies may help you implement the home office organization ideas below.
Easy To Implement Home Office Organization Ideas
I am all for simplicity and affordability, so I rounded up home office organization ideas from real homes.
1. This home office has taken full advantage of the wall hanging organizer. Whether you are using them for filing kids’ school paperwork or your own, they provide a good filing system and will work best when also labeled.
2. I am a firm believer that floating shelves can solve most of your home organization and decorating problems. You can sort your paperwork, books, and files, as well as use some shelves to organize some office “odds and ends.”
3. This is an optimal use of baskets and shelves in this home office. It may seem fancier at an initial glance, but everything in it is easy to replicate (kudos if you are handy with tools)
4. Modular systems like this wall organizer are useful if your “office” is just a corner of your bedroom/living room. It carries quite a lot of office supplies. It’s one of my favorite home office organization ideas.
5. An office desk with drawers, will, of course, go a long way in organizing your home office. If it fits your current budget, go for one. What attracted me the most to this home office organization idea is the acrylic calendar above the desk. I like to have my day or week’s activities in full view. It mentally prepares me for productivity.
I hope you found these home office organization ideas useful. Do pin or share with the world!!